Updates to UI Browser since 2003 have included the addition of many major and minor new features as well as bug fixes. All of them have been announced and summarized in the press releases linked here.
- October 3, 2017 - release 2.7.0 adds support for new Accessibility features introduced in macOS High Sierra 10.13, incorporates new PFAssistive Framework 3.8.0 and PFEventTaps Framework 1.5.5, and fixes minor bugs.
- July 17, 2017 - release 2.6.3 works around an Apple bug affecting menu extras, fixes a crashing bug in Follow Focus mode, and fixes other minor bugs.
- March 31, 2017 - release 2.6.2 includes performance improvements and a few minor bug fixes, and it corrects an error in one of the generated AppleScript GUI Scripting scripts
- March 7, 2017 - release 2.6.1 accommodates security improvements recently made to our in-app and online web stores managed by eSellerate
- February 21, 2017 - release 2.6.0 adds support for new Accessibility features introduced by Apple in OS X Mavericks 10.11 and macOS Sierra 10.12, incorporates a new version of the PFAssistive Framework, embeds the framework in the application to permit drag-and-drop installation, and fixes minor bugs
- October 25, 2014 - release 2.5.0 adds support for new Accessibility features introduced by Apple in OS X 10.10 Yosemite as well as fixing an occasional crash
- May 4, 2014 - release 2.4.4 includes minor improvements and bug fixes as well as fixing an occasional crash
- March 17, 2014 - release 2.4.3 includes minor bug fixes
- January 15, 2014 - release 2.4.2 makes a minor change and reinstates code signing for Gatekeeper
- December 21, 2013 - release 2.4.1 fixes a few minor bugs
- November 9, 2013 - release 2.4.0 adds support for new Accessibility features in OS X 10.9 Mavericks, improves performance, and fixes a few bugs
- November 18, 2012 - release 2.3.0 adds a new validation feature, improves performance, and fixes a few bugs, including a highlighting overlay issue when a highlighted UI element is moved or resized introduced in version 2.2.1
- June 18, 2012 - release 2.2.2 adds support for Script Debugger 5.0 from Late Night Software and fixes a few bugs, including a code signing issue with the installer package and a problem enabling access for UI Browser only introduced in version 2.2.1
- June 1, 2012 - release 2.2.1 offers Developer ID code signing and support for a new Mountain Lion Accessibility feature
- March 9, 2012 - release 2.2.0 offers new features and bug fixes
- September 15, 2010 - release 2.1.1 offers minor improvements
- May 25, 2010 - release 2.1 adds Leopard and Snow Leopard support, Follow Focus mode, making UI Browser a trusted process, easier ways to turn on Accessibility, and other new features, and it updates contact information
Press Releases by PreFab Software, Inc.
- July 09, 2007 - release 2.0.5 is a minor release
- December 22, 2006 - release 2.0 is a major new version adding a Screen Reader and other new features
- May 30, 2005 - release 1.4.1 is a minor update
- April 29, 2005 - release 1.4 adds Tiger support and several new features
- October 4, 2004 - release 1.3 adds many new features
- September 9, 2004 - public beta of 1.3
- November 2, 2003 - release 1.2 adds Panther support and many new features
- March 28, 2003 - release 1.1 adds hot keys to get information about the UI element under the mouse
- February 28, 2003 - release 1.0.1 streamlines creation of scripts
- January 31, 2003 - first release