PreFab UI Browser 1.0.1 enhances Apple's GUI Scripting
North Andover, MA -- February 28, 2003 -- PreFab Software, Inc. is pleased to announce the release of UI Browser 1.0.1, an update to its utility to help scripters write user interface scripts using Apple's new "GUI Scripting" technology for AppleScript in Mac OS X version 10.2.3 and higher.
A free trial of UI Browser 1.0 is available now at PreFabSoftware.com. Normally priced at $39.95, PreFab is offering an introductory price of $24.95 through April 19, 2003. Download the free 30-day trial version at prefabsoftware.com/uibrowser/.
PreFab UI Browser is the ultimate assistant for GUI Scripting. It helps scripters explore, control and monitor the user interface of most Mac OS X applications, navigating the interface hierarchy then generating useful AppleScript statements with a single click.
UI Browser 1.0.1 fixes several minor problems, improves speed and stability, and adds many new features, including these:
- Keyboard shortcuts to generate commonly used AppleScript commands, including three new commands in this release. These AppleScript commands can be generated even when UI Browser's action and attribute drawers are closed, making it easier than ever to write scripts for GUI Scripting.
- Preference options to send generated scripts directly to Script Editor 2.0, Script Debugger or Smile in a single step, bypassing the clipboard, or to place them on the clipboard automatically for pasting into any editor.
- Send non-printing control characters and function keys, such as tab, return, delete and arrow keys, to any target application, and generate AppleScript commands to do the same thing.
- Optionally target background applications such as the Dock.
- Take advantage of Accessibility enhancements in Mac OS X 10.2.4.
A free trial of UI Browser 1.0.1 is available now at PreFabSoftware.com. Normally priced at $39.95, PreFab is offering an introductory price of $24.95 through April 19, 2003. Download the free 30-day trial version at prefabsoftware.com/uibrowser/. Purchasers who buy version 1.0.1 will be entitled to a free upgrade to version 1.1.
PreFab Software, Inc. has unrivaled experience in scripting the GUI, shipping PreFab Player since 1994. For this Mac OS X product, PreFab joined forces with well-known AppleScript and Cocoa guru Bill Cheeseman to bring you a utility that makes GUI Scripting easy.
This press release was originally issued by PreFab Software, Inc. For current information, visit PFiddlesoft.
This page was first published by PFiddlesoft on May 25, 2010.
Copyright © 2003-2010 Bill Cheeseman. Used by permission. All Rights Reserved.
PFiddlesoft, PFiddle Software, pfiddle, pfiddles, the PFiddlesoft logo, Wheel of Access, and Applidude are trademarks of PreForm Assistive Technologies, LLC.